Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Announce New Loan Limits for 2019 as home prices keep rising
Just announced this morning, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has increased the maximum conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages in 2019.
What you need to know:
- Conforming loan limits are increasing in nearly every part of the U.S.
- Conforming loan limits in 2019 will be $484,350 (up 6.9% from $453,100 in 2018)
- Why? Home prices are on the rise, requiring the increase in conforming loan limits for the 3rd straight year.
- The new ceiling loan limit for one-unit properties in most high-cost areas will be $726,525.
- In most designated high-cost areas, the new loan limit for one-unit properties will be $726,525, which is up from $679,650 in 2018.
Buyers applying for loans now will be able to take advantage of these increases, if closing on or after January 1, 2019.
Read more via:
County by county breakdown for 2019 can be found here: